Greenlee H4802-3 Hydraulic Pole Tamper
Greenlee Fairmont hydraulic pole tamper with built in control valve and kidney shaped foot. This tool is typically used by utility crews to back fill after installing a new power pole. In the past few years farmers and fence companies have started using them to tamp around fence posts.
These pole tampers can be used on any hydraulic source as long as you have the correct hydraulic pressure and flow. If you are unsure please check with the company that built your equipment to see what the specs are. If they are outside the hydraulic specs needed for this tool you can buy a pressure or flow reducing valve at any hydraulic shop to make this tamper work with your current hydraulic equipment.
- Makes quick work of setting poles, asphalt patch, and general construction backfill compacting.
- Built in control valve on the tube makes it much easier to control the tamper vs models with the valve on the hoses.
- Kidney shaped foot makes it easy to tamp round poles and posts.
- Only three moving parts for low maintenance.
- Rotate trigger spool for open or closed center hydraulic systems.
- System: Open or closed center
- Valve Location: End of tamper
- Length: 72 inch
- Weight: 23 lb.
- Width: 4 inch
- Flow Range: 4 to 6 gpm
- Operating Pressure: 1,000 to 2,000 psi
- Pressure Port Thread: 9/16 – 18 SAE O-ring
- Return Port Thread: 3/4 – 16 SAE O-ring
- Standard Foot Size: 2.5 x 8 inch kidney shaped
- Blows Per Minute: 1,160 at 5 gpm
Greenlee pole tamper with built in control valve and kidney shaped foot. Easier to operate then hose end valve models.