Greenlee H4802 Hydraulic Pole Tamper
Greenlee Fairmont hydraulic pole tamper with hose end valve and kidney shaped foot. This tool is typically used by utility crews to back fill after installing new power poles but have many other uses.
Farmers and fence companies have started using there pole tampers to tamp around fence posts. No matter what you are tamping it is much easier and faster then the old way of using a spud bar. This saves you both time and money in the long term and is much easier on your body.
These tampers can be used on any hydraulic source as long as you have the correct pressure and flow. If you are unsure of the hydraulic specs of your equipment please check with the company that built it to get that information.
If the pressure and flow are more then the maximum specs for this tool you can purchase a pressure and or flow reducing valve. They are available at any hydraulic supply shop to make this tamper work with your current power source.
- Makes quick work of setting poles, asphalt patch, and general construction back fill compacting
- Only three moving parts for low maintenance
- Kidney shaped foot to tamp around round poles and posts easily
- Hose end valve is a reversible on/off valve for open and closed center hydraulic systems
- System: Open and closed center
- Valve Location: End of hose
- Length: 60 inch
- Weight: 23 lb.
- Width: 4 inch
- Flow Range: 4 to 6 gpm
- Operating Pressure: 1,000 to 2,000 psi
- Pressure Port Thread: 9/16 – 18 SAE O-ring
- Return Port Thread: 3/4 – 16 SAE O-ring
- Foot Size: 2.5 inch by 8 inch kidney shaped
- Blows Per Minute: 1,160 at 5 gpm
Greenlee pole tamper with hose end control valve and kidney shaped foot.